Due to increasing globalization, more 3D models are being exchanged with external partners. This poses the risk of unintended use of the models. Companies can prevent this by sending simplified and obfuscated 3D models. This protects intellectual property and makes reverse engineering very difficult.
Simplification is done in a fully automated process. Once the correct settings have been made, Lino Simplify takes effect. The Solidworks add-on application works for both part and assembly files and handles all dependent files as part of the simplification process.
Companies choose to simplify their 3D models for many reasons:
- Protection of intellectual property when files are shared.
- Obfuscation of model or design details
- Prevention of reverse engineering
- Increase performance through data reduction
- Generation of web and VR graphics
Experience Lino Simplify live at our Solidworks assembly simplification webinar.